Contouring like Kylie Jenner || Bobbi brown contour stick


Ever since Kim K hired a make-up artist and made contouring her iconic go-to make-up look, everyone (including myself *yes guilty*) seems to have gone a bit mad for it. But who can blame us? If there's a way of making my nose look smaller, my cheek bones more chiseled and my under eye area brighter and it doesn't involve any form of surgery then I'm all about that.


Bobbi Brown foundation stick - shade chestnut // £29 // John Lewis 

Ever since Kim K hired a make-up artist and made contouring her iconic go-to make-up look, everyone (including myself *yes guilty*) seems to have gone a bit mad for it. But who can blame us? If there's a way of making my nose look smaller, my cheek bones more chiseled and my under eye area brighter and it doesn't involve any form of surgery then I'm all about that.

Prior to this Bobbi Brown newbie which I shall get onto shortly my routine before this has always remained solely powder contouring. I've always preferred the idea of cream contouring just from seeing pictures and how flawless it appears, I like more of a radiant dewy finish to my skin and sometimes too much powder contour can obstruct this. My issue around cream contouring though has always been finding the right shade and one that blends like a dream. I'm just not about that patchy *muk* look...

Just lately I have noticed that the Bobbi Brown foundation stick has been a popular contour choice in numerous makeup tutorials and after seeing Kylie Jenner's make-up artist use it on Kylie herself and having always admired her seamless contour, well that was it, I was sold. £29 later I was the proud owner of my first high end contour stick *oh the excitement*.

Having never used a contour stick quite like this I was a bit unsure of what would be the best application and so I went ahead and applied it straight out of the bullet around my forehead, along my cheekbones - starting at my hairline to mid cheek only and down the sides of my nose. Contour applied my next task was to determine what would be the best sort of brush to blend this in. I thought it would be wise to try two different methods, just to see which one gave the better result. I opted for a real techniques buffing brush and a damp beauty blender. The outcome - using the buffing brush was such a change for me as I always feel that doing so almost reduces my coverage, if that makes sense. I found that this tugged at the contour and although I did eventually manage to get quite a seamless blend I felt that my flawless foundation had been somewhat messed with? The beauty blender on the other hand was an absolute dream to work with - I have always been a massive beauty blender fan due to the airbrushed finish that it enables you to achieve. I simply patted my sponge gently down on my contour until it blended. This in comparison to the brush was such a breeze. My foundation had stayed intact and I was left with a seamlessly blended contour on top.

With my bobbi brown cream contour on.
Overall, my expectations of a cream contour was just as I had anticipated; flawless. I am absolutely in love with this Bobbi Brown stick and it is definitely one of those products in which I am now questioning myself about how the heck I was surviving before. I would definitely say it is a medium/buildable coverage which is exactly what I wanted with being a full coverage foundation kinda girl. I'm not too sure how it would work with being an all over foundation as this is it's original purpose. And, in all honesty the thought of applying this stick all over my face isn't something I am particularly fond of either - I just much prefer a liquid texture all over for my base. Going back to this as a contour purpose though - I'm sold. This is definitely my new go to and I am now itching to try other cream based contours so if you know of any more amazing ones - let me know in the comments!

What is your go-to contour? 

2 comments

Unknown said...

This sounds incredible - and if it's good enough for Kylie, it's good enough for me!

Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

Watson said...

This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Check it out here:brown bag black shoes

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig