Skincare || Lancome || Gel Eclat

IMG_5776
IMG_5785
IMG_5788
IMG_5790
IMG_5799
Lancome || Gel Eclat Clarifying Cleanser ||  125ml || £16.50 - Link here! 

As a complete cosmetic junkie, I am always lusting over new products to try and test, which I am starting to realize is a very expensive obsession to have and with a couple of holidays booked, cut- backs on my extravagant lifestyle (on a student budget) are just having to be made. Therefore, lately I have been trying my very hardest to resist making ob-seen splurges on unnecessary things that I don't actually need and instead use up the many products that I already have laying within my draws. I recently ran out of one of my favourite cleasners - 'Liz earle cleanse and polish' so instead of splashing out on another one, I rooted through my draws to see what else I had (how sensible of me!). I stumbled across the "Gel Eclat" by Lancome which I think came as a free gift with some Lancome goodies I received at Christmas. I had never heard or came across this product before so I wasn't too sure what to expect.

I have been using this product now for just over two weeks and I can honestly say that it has fast become one of my favourite cleansers. The formula for one is quite unique, and not something that I have ever come across before. The product initially comes out of the the tube as a white, thick pearly gel which when applied on to damp/wet skin in a circular motion lathers up instantly into a thick foam like texture. I then like to remove this product similarly to my Liz Earle Cleanser by taking a hot damp muslin cloth. After removing all the product, the first thing I noticed was how squeaky clean and fresh my skin looked - it is such a refreshing cleanser and one of those products that has a real cleanliness smell to it which I have now figured is the white lotus and rose that it contains.  

Since using this cleanser my skin has been in such good condition, I am usually prone to quite a few break-outs - nothing major, just the odd spots here and there, however just lately there hasn't been one. Whether I am just having a good spot-free run I do not know, but I definitely love how sparkly clean and soft this makes my skin feel. It is also worth noting how little of this product you need - literally a tiny blob and once used with water the product expands into a large foam that will allow coverage for your entire face - so in this sense the price tag doesn't seem so bad as it will undoubtedly last you a fair old while.

Lancome advertise this product for "All skin types" in which I would have to disagree with as I don't really see how one product can work miracles for everyone! I would say this product is suited for normal, oily and combination skin. Sensitive skin folks I would advise maybe to stay clear off as the product is slightly perfumed and so it may aggravate your skin. Dry skin I am not too sure as although this product is fairly moisturising for me (normal skin type) I don't know if it would be enough for you - so maybe request a sample and see how you get on!

Have you tried this product? What is your favourite cleanser? 
laurasignature (1)

1 comment

Anonymous said...

I must try this out! I am currently loving the Boscia gel cleanser it is wonderful. Beautiful blog by the way!

Beautyxpress0.blogspot.ca

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig