Barry M ultra moisturising lip paints || 156 & 162

Barry M ultra moisturising lip paints// 156-Vicious Violet and 162- Cranberry Red // £4.49
 
Throughout my teenage years Barry M was one of my favourite make-up brands - reasonably priced, sleek packaging and all round good quality. Their nail varnishes in particular were a staple in my make-up bag as their endless colour range offering truly stunning shades meant that I forever wanted to build my collection. As I have grown up and learnt more about make-up, I now look back at pictures of myself supporting the infamous '101' lipstick and absolutely cringe that I thought white chalky lips were acceptable *yuk*. This then lead me to boycott Barry M for a while as this is all I could associate their brand with.
 
Last week I was on the prowl for some new winter lipsticks and with a tight budget I knew that it was time to re-visit the Barry M stand. Packaging is always an enticement to me - nothing beats those super glamorous and girly products so you could then imagine my excitement when I spotted lipsticks in a gorgeous bright shiny pink packaging. *sold* (literally) I then realised they were a slight variation on the usual lip paints as these one's are called ' ultra moisturising' lip paints, enriched with hydrating and lip nourishing Cocoa Butter, which is perfect for me as I tend to find the standard ones slightly drying (I suffer with dry lips!). After searching through the colour range and making a through swatches I opted for these two colours : 156 - Vicious Violet and 162 - Cranberry Red.
 
On the eye, these lispticks both appear very dark in the tube, however once applied give two very different colours.
 
 156 - is described as 'Vicious Violet', however I would say it is more of a beautiful berry pink colour - On first application it gives very sheer glossy coverage - I personally prefer more of an opaque coverage so if you are like me then do not fear as this lipstick is very buildable and after applying another coat I was able to achieve this. This lipstick lasted about 5 hours before needing a top up!
 
162 - is described as a Cranberry Red which is spot on. Again the coverage is buildable to full but still gives a gorgeous glossy moisturised finish - which I really like as my lips feel so hydrated throughout the day. This lipstick lasted slightly longer than the 156 and I would say a slight top up is required after around 6 hours. The pigmentation of both these lipstick are seriously good though - I actually struggled to scrub them off come bed time!
 
Overall, I have been so impressed by these Barry M lipsticks at the moment - for £4.50 you really do get such a good quality product for such a small price tag. I will definitely be purchasing some more colours from this range!
 
Have you tried these lipsticks? What do you think?
 

1 comment

Unknown said...

I love the 162, the colour is beautiful!
Jodie x

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig