Charlotte's // 3 Minute Belly Blitz

IMG_8159
IMG_8164
IMG_8165
IMG_8166

This year mission bikini body is like never before. Gym game upped, Clean eating (trying) and positive/motivated/determined I can do this head is well and truly screwed on... This summer I'm aiming for the full package - there's no in-between. I'm talking abs, booty, toned legs and strong arms. I firmly believe that like anything in life, if your going to do something - its all or nothing.

Celebrity work-outs are something that I am no stranger to and before having my gym membership use to be signed up to Results with Lucy - review here! I am not deluded in believing the whole "this is solely the workout I used to transform myself"... as let's be honest it takes more than working out to see real results and a big factor key to this is your diet. Most celebrities can afford personal trainers, nutritionists and also get sent a shed load of free food, protein and supplements so of course it does make it easier for them to see results quicker. However, that's not to say that you can't still get amazing results following celebrity fitness DVDs, as providing your doing it regularly and eating healthy you definitely will get into shape in no time!

Although I like to attend the gym around 4/5 times a week, it definitely can get somewhat repetitive from time to time and so it's always nice to mix up and alternate my fitness regime with new work-outs. Charlotte Crosby's 3 minute belly blitz has undeniably been the talk of the town this year in the land of celeb fitness DVD'S and not only has it received outstanding feedback, it also landed the title of best selling fitness DVD of ALL time, impressive huh? I've always liked Charlotte on Geordie Shore as she seems such a down to earth normal lass, she regularly tweets about doing her DVD on a day-to-day basis and so I just knew I had to purchase a copy for myself to see what all the bravado is really about...

What I love : 

Easy to follow - 
From the offset this DVD was really easy to follow and keep up with. There's nothing worse than a fitness DVD with ridiculously challenging moves, hard to follow and is unrealistic/impossible to complete for the first few months, however, this one is the complete opposite. The routines are simple but very effective and well devised, the moves are also very easy to grasp with easier alternatives for those finding it difficult. I really like the fact that easier variations of the work-outs are incorporated as for exercise newbies such as my mum, doing the advanced ones can be a bit too challenging when you haven't worked out for a very long time so it was nice that she was still able to continue but step down to a slightly easier alternative.  

Enjoyable - 
I know most people will roll their eyes at me for saying this as for most, working out is one of those tedious compulsory chores in which you know you have to do but don't necessarily want to. For me though, I can't help but look forward to doing this work-out. I think a big contributor to this is that the rounds are only 3 minutes each in which makes the whole work-out fast paced and cuts out boredom as you know you aren't spending a whole hour doing one movement over and over again. I also really like the boxing rounds - these are a great way to let of some steam whilst being super fun and a pleasing work-out!

Convenient -
The great thing about this work-out is how convenient it is, I know most people feel like that they don't have time to work-out but you really don't have to do the whole duration of the DVD to break a sweat and feel like you've had a good work-out. Just pop it on, do the warm up - pick 5/6 rounds (takes around 20 minutes) and finish with the cool down. Job done!

Minimal space and equipment 
From past experience, work-out DVDs some can be an absolute nightmare in regards to space and equipment - you buy the DVD and then realise that you haven't got the room you need to move or the £100 worth of equipment you needed to buy. This cuts out both of those problems as you really don't need much space to be able to do this work-out and the equipment (weighted hand gloves) is an optional extra just in-case you want to boost your work-out that little bit more. 

Effective work-outs 
You may be thinking that the thought of each round being only 3 minutes sounds way too easy but believe me they aren't. This DVD incorporates lots of HIIT (high-intensity interval training) style work outs which if you don't know too much about it basically is where you do quick, intense bursts of exercise followed by short recovery periods. This essentially gets your heart rate up and burns more fat in less time. 

Here's a break down of the DVD to give you a better idea of what it entails - 
Warm up
Round 1 - Boxing style 
Round 2 - Lunges and jumps
Round 3 - Boxing
Round 4 - Shoulder sessions, press ups etc
Round 5 - Skipping
Round 6 - Mountain climbers// crunches
Round 7 - Cardio Kick box
Round 8 - Squats and lunges
Round 9 - Skipping // Jump squats // Ice skaters 
Round 10 - Squat thrusts // lunges // pop-ups
Round 11 - Jumping lunges // Ski jumps // Speed ball
Round 12 - Glute work - donkey kicks // hip lifts 
Cool down 

**  Additional section of 10 minute extra abs and also a meal plan giving you advice on what sorts of meals to eat during the day - quite handy. 

Overall, I have been really impressed with this DVD and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to shed that extra weight and tone up for their holidays. Although in the week I am a definite gym bunny, I do love to alternate and incorporate this in to my fitness regime as I really enjoy the HIIT training that is integrated in this DVD. It is also great for when you just generally can't be bothered to get up and go to the gym as you can stay in the comfort of your own home and still get a really effective work-out. Unlike other work-out DVDs this one really makes you work up a sweat and you will definitely feel the burn the next day. Charlotte's 3 minute belly blitz retails at £13.00 and you can buy it online here

Has anybody else tried this DVD - what are your thoughts? I'd love to hear them! 
laurasignature (1)

No comments

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig