Review || Nars Sheer Glow foundation



ookml
IMG_4821
IMG_4852
IMG_4853
Nars Sheer Glow foundation | Shade -  Barcelona | £30.50 | Link here! 

Hey Ladies! Today I am going to give you the lowdown on a new foundation addition to my make-up bag. Yes, you heard it, another new foundation, it is getting quite a habit now! However, since my discovery of Clarins extra-comfort (which by the way I absolutely love) my faith has been re-stored back into trying other foundations and I now realize that yes there really are other, dare I say better, alternatives to my once wholly grail MAC studio fix fluid. I actually think I have now turned into some sort of obsessive foundation junkie, as I have already eyed up my next foundation to try (sorry bank balance)! Anyway enough of my rambling and onto the review!

Nars sheer glow has been the talk of the town for quite sometime now, having read and seen countless raving reviews on this gem throughout the blogasphere. This has been on my wishlist for over a year now but the hefty price tag of £30.50 (ouch!) has been enough to make me resist....until.... I finally craved in to the hype - I was just too intrigued to see what all the fuss was about!

The foundation itself does project a high end product and is presented in a rather cute glass bottle with the NARS logo on the side (a similar style to MAC's studio fix fluid actually). I was annoyed to find though that like MAC it does not come with a pump (argh!) so this means pouring it on to your hand before applying, which I really don't like as I always end up pouring out more than I need! You can buy the pumps separately but I personally feel for the price tag it should be included.

The finish of the product is something that baffled me before purchasing, as the name of the product "Sheer glow" gave me the impression it would be a light coverage with a 'sheer' finish, however, I knew from reviews this wasn't to be the case and well they were spot on! The coverage is very buildable being medium to full and the finish is matte but has a slight dewy glow to it - which I love! The main thing that blew me away with this foundation though was how gorgeous and flawless the foundation applied. Unlike other full coverage foundations, it did not feel cakey, thick or make me feel like I was wearing a mask - it is actually quite the opposite and feels relatively light but yet gives me the perfect coverage, hiding all my flaws. I also love the fact it's fragrance free, as I hate some of the paint like smells that some foundations have! I like to apply this foundation with my Real techniques sponge or Duo fiber face brush depending how much coverage I want - either way I get such a flawless look. 
Finally colour range, as a compulsive tanner I never buy a foundation for my natural skin colour, instead one to match my tan. I choose the shade 'Barcelona' after looking at numerous swatches online, the colour matches my tan really well and I actually prefer it to MAC as it isn't as yellow based (for reference I  am NC40 in  MAC) 

This foundation has quickly become an everyday fixture in my make-up bag since purchasing it, I absolutely adore it, my skin looks amazing and it is without a doubt one of my favourite (if not favourite) foundations I have yet to try, I literally cannot speak highly enough of this product! I just wish I had found this foundation sooner because now I am wondering how on earth I have managed without this beauty for so long, so if you are reading this and like me have been ''um'-ing' and 'ar'-ing' for quite some time, I urge you to just purchase it and give it a try - you won't be dissappointed! 

What do you think of Nars sheer glow foundation? 

laurasignature (1)

3 comments

Unknown said...

Hi! I nominated you for the Liebster Award, have a look on my blog :)
redlips-catflicks.blogspot.co.uk

x

Hope Markham said...

I have been thinking of buying this so this blog post really helped, I also wear fake tan and have been looking at swatches of Barcelona and Stromboli but I think I'm gonna have to go into store to get the perfect match!

Just joined your site, it's great
feel free to take a look at mine
www.whathopeshearting.com

Unknown said...

I heard the same about its coverage how it is nowhere to be sheer. I just do not like the lack of pump, but your review is tempting me. I like the sound of having good coverage without being cakey which I really do not like.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig