Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!

Bloge
Happy New Year everybody!

Well here it goes again, another year, more resolutions, new goals and lots of exciting adventures around the corner! I know I say this all too often but jeeze time really does go fast, too fast but hey that's why we have to make the most of life. Now that January has arrived means that the end of my life as a student is now officially insight - 6 months in fact. Graduating and preparing the next chapter of my life makes me feel oh so anxious - and at this moment in time I really don't know what that entails and where I will be in 6 months time and it is the not knowing that really makes everything feel somewhat surreal and daunting. I am one of these people that always lives life with a plan a and plan b so to not have those security blankets does slightly panic me!

One thing I do know for certain is that this year my dreams are more insight than ever before. I graduate in  6 months time and then I shall be let loose into that big wide world out there full of amazing opportunities just waiting to be explored. I am more determined than ever, motivated to the fullest, ready to work my booty off and my perseverance remains - I know that Rome wasn't built in a day but I honestly believe that anything is possible if you want it and work for it! 

Right that's my little ramble done, now time to move on to those all important resolutions and aims for the year! I never quite understood making New Year's resolutions as I always kind of think if you want to change or do something then why wait until the New Year to make it happen!? However, I do believe it's always good to reflect on the year and think about what it is that you perhaps learnt and want to take with you into the new year - I strongly believe there is always room to better yourself, make goals, pursue changes and so that is what I intend to do!

                                     My aims and resolutions for 2014 - 
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------
Graduate uni with a 2.1   
Having already managed to bag a 2.1 for my second year of uni, the pressure is now really on to secure that and hopefully graduate with a 2.1! I cannot stress how much I NEED a 2.1, I will be so disappointed with myself if I get anything less. 

Save money
Yep, the return of the old 'save money' resolution! This has been something I have aimed to improve on for 3 years now and unfortunately have failed miserably. I really struggle with saving as working part-time just doesn't fund my luxurious lifestyle I like to have, however, my mum has come to the rescue and brought me a money saving tin (bless her!). It is actually such a good idea as you can't open it unless you brake it, so there's no dipping in and out - once the £££ are in there's no escaping. So watch this space I shall be a top saver this time next year ;) 

Capture more memories
This again is another resolution I issued myself with last year, however, I still have not managed to get into the routine of taking my camera out with me and taking lots of pictures! As we know life is just too short to not be able to look back and reminisce on old times and I want to be able to do that with lots of lovely pictures!

Improve my photography // Blog regularly
Now that I have finally purchased my lovely Canon 600D camera, I really want to use it to its full potential and expand in the field of photography. I am still learning every time I use it, so I've already figured out it's not one of those things where you just pick the camera up and are some kind of instant photography whiz kid - but as a perfectionist in everything I do, I really want to be able to look back at my blog this time next year and be able to see how in time my photography has grown and improved. Following closely with this is also trying to blog regularly, although it is slightly hard at the moment as being in my final year of uni is somewhat demanding!

Buy a new car
Having been driving for nearly 2 years now - ( wow where did that time go!?) I think its finally time to let go of my little beep beep the KA and get something more me. I know car's aren't cheap things to run but seeing as I spend so much of my time travelling back and fourth to uni it only seems right I upgrade to something a bit more luxurious :) I really fancy a Fiat  500 - *now it's time to save the pennies!*

Don't get walked over 
So this is a slightly different resolution, but over the years it seems that my niceness has sometimes been abused and taken advantage off. If you know me then you know that I am a very giving person with a lot of love to share - I will do absolutely anything for my family & friends in every way possible, whether its lending them money, driving around at a inconvenient time just to be there for them - literally you name it and if I can be in anyway a help I will do it. This year I finally toughened up a bit and put a stop to all that - I won't go into too much detail but I was fed up of being a walking bank and giving everything into a friendship that I wasn't getting anything out of. It's hard to stand up for yourself sometimes and say things you don't want to say to people but sometimes you just have to grow a back bone and do that else you will forever be a walk over! 

Help stop bullying 
For those of you that don't know, bullying is an issue very close to my heart. To cut it short I was bullied throughout my teenage years and it has forever scared me, leaving me insecure about myself. I know how much bullying can hurt and so I really want to do my bit to help stop bullying. I am not too sure of what this will be at the moment - but anyway that I can possibly help, I want to.

Well there you go, those are my aims and resolutions for this upcoming year! What are your's? Either comment below with your reply or tweet me your links at @misslauragemma if you have done a post similar! I would love to read them.

Wishing you all a very happy new year! 

1 comment

Unknown said...

I have nominated you for The Liebster Award ! Please check my blog for more details on your nomination, congratulations hun x

http://chasinghopeaway.blogspot.co.uk/

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig