Foundation Federation

So over the last few months I gave myself the mammoth task to find the ultimate foundation - *ultimate as in one that I will forever love and always reach to *happy days*.

I still have a few more on my "to try and test" list that I haven't managed to purchase yet but for now I will share with you the ones I have :-)

1) MAC Studio Sculpt SPF15 - For those of you that have tried MAC studio fix and have found it very drying and too matte this is suppose to be the answer to your problems! This foundation is more of a satin finish and gives you that bit more of a fresh faced glow than Studio Fix, its easy to blend, a full coverage and overall lasts all day.


Overall I highly recommend this foundation if you want a good full coverage foundation with a bit of glow. * I will warn you that it isn't for people who like to feel as if they aren't wearing foundation. It is quite a heavy foundation and doesn't have the best of smells either, but for me this isn't a problem :-)
Price - £23.00 Colour - NC 35 Overall mark - 5/5

2) MAC Studio Fix Fluid - This is one of my all time favourite foundations ever! (and it is for most people that I know too) Its very full coverage and if you want a foundation that you know is going to last all day then this is the one for you! It has a very matte finish which I do like but if your like me and have normal/dry skin then I would definitely recommend using a moisturiser underneath first else it can look very dry on your skin. It is aimed at oily skin types so that it why it can look a bit too dry and matte on any other skin types!


Overall this foundation is definitely one of my favourite foundations. I love the full coverage it gives, and it doesn't budge on a night out - so no need for top's ups! There also is a wide colour range to choose from to find the perfect shade suited to your skin colour. The only negative things I can say about this foundation is that it smells like paint and is not for people who don't like a thick cakey coverage!

Price - £19.50 Colour - NC35 Overall mark- 5/5

3) Revlon Photoready - I brought this foundation after reading many reviews and had heard so much hype about how good this foundation was - so obviously I needed to see for myself if in fact it did meet the hype.

Firstly the coverage is light/medium something which normally I wouldn't go for as I normally like to be a masked in full coverage foundation with every flaw, freckle and imperfection totally covered. This foundation however did make me change my mind as it was so smooth and soft - blending lovely into my skin. It did feel a nice change to be less caked and more natural. The foundation surprisingly managed to last pretty much until the end of the day and the colour was quite a good match to my skin.

Overall I really liked this foundation, it was a nice change to constantly wearing a heavy and thick foundation as it felt so smooth, soft and light on my skin. The coverage wasn't as full as I'd usually go for but it still covered up 80% of my flaws and imperfections, just letting my freckles vaguely show through, which was quite nice. The only flaw that is to be said about this foundation is the "sparkle factor" as it contains light reflecting particles giving a slight sparkle, when I did initially swatch it under the bright lights in the shop I could see what everyone was talking about - however once on it wasn't noticeable to me at all!

Price - £12.99 Colour - Natural Beige Overall mark - 4/5

1 comment

Katrina said...

this is really helpful thanks!♡

© sweetheartsweetmind

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig